Friday, February 06, 2004

put myself in a bad mood tonight. not only did i get gay-friended (see below), i couldn't for the life of me find a date to see a play at uvsc. so this bummed me out and so i really wanted to go clubbing, but nobody would come with me. ended up sitting on my butt with a few friends watching tv. i miss the days when i lived with mike and we'd go up to salt lake twice a month to go clubbing.

the night finished a little better with some birthday cake and chillin with some friends. and i found a small group to go clubbing tomorrow night. so that should be fun.

today, more than a couple people told me that they don't think i fit here in utah. i agree in a lot of ways. sometimes i feel like i don't fit in with the conservative crowd here. but at the same time, i like that part here. it keeps me in check. i think i jsut need to find more people like me out here. i know they exist. people like mike and megan. unfortunately mike moved out to logan and megan still feels uncomfortable hanging out with me.

a part of me wants to move out (jake thinks i'd be happier back east), but i really think i need to finish my undergrad work here in provo. my two favorite professors are big in the lds philosophy scene and i feel like i need to stay. as much as i hate happy valley at times, there is something special about it. i have more of a desire to get better grades now so that i can go back east for graduate school. if i can work things out, i'd love to go to notre dame, yale, cambridge, florida st, or unc-chapel hill which are all big schools for the philosophy of religion. oh well.... i might as well enjoy life right now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide a name or consistent pseudonym with your comments and avoid insults or personal attacks against anyone or any group. All anonymous comments will be immediately deleted. Other comments are subject to deletion at my discretion.