Sunday, May 10, 2009

My three papers

Well it's that time of the semester again, and here I am trying to avoid the inevitable course I take each semester of finding myself desperately trying to finish my semester papers in time. And of course, I'm writing a blog post instead.

For those who have asked what I am writing on, here it is.

Paper 1 (20 pages) - "What is a religious sentence? A critical discussion of Anders Jeffner's The Study of Religious Language."

In this paper I am criticizing a definition of religious sentences proposed by the Swedish philosopher Anders Jeffner. He spends less than 7 short pages presenting his definition. I am trying to B.S. a 20 page paper refuting it. I feel like I have a good argument... just not a 20-page good argument.

Paper 2 (15 pages) - "Tractatus Logico-Fountainicus: Death and Eternal Life in Wittgenstein's Tractatus and Aronofsky's The Fountain"

In this paper I am... well read the title.

Paper 3 (12 pages) - "The Passion of the Braveheart"

In this paper I am examining the meaning of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus in Ignacio Ellacuria's liberation theogy using Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ and Braveheart, and arguing that the latter is a better depiction of Ellacuria's Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide a name or consistent pseudonym with your comments and avoid insults or personal attacks against anyone or any group. All anonymous comments will be immediately deleted. Other comments are subject to deletion at my discretion.