I often get accused of grossly over-exaggerating and over-generalizing my stereotypes of Republicans. After seeing this recent poll by the Daily Kos, I feel rather justified.
Here are some of the wonderful results from polled Republicans:
- If 2012 elections were today, Palin would receive the most support with 16% of Republicans. Romney comes in second with 11%. Cheney--yes, that DICK Cheney--is third with 10%.
- 39% believe Obama should be impeached. Why? I'm not sure. I'm guessing it has to do with a combination of him being a black, Kenyan, Soviet, Nazi democrat. Or something like that.
- 36% believe Obama was not born in the US. That's right. More than one out of three Republicans are Birthers.
- 63% believe that Obama is a socialist--though I'm not sure they know what that means.
- 24% believe Obama wants the terrorists to win.
- 21% believe ACORN somehow managed to steal the 2008 elections and give Obama his overwhelming win.
- 53% believe that Sarah Palin is more qualified to be president that Obama--yes, that's right. at least 53%--MORE THAN HALF--of Republicans believe Palin is qualified to be president.
- 31% believe Obama is a racist who hates white people
- 23% believe their state should secede from the US.
- 73% believe that openly gay men or women should not be allowed to teach public school
- 77% believe public school students should be taught that the book of Genesis in the Bible explains how God created the world
- 31% believe contraceptions should be outlawed
- 91% support the death penalty