Sunday, April 25, 2004

failure

i'm driving to draper this afternoon for bobby's homecoming talk and along side the freeway i see a mother and daughter who look like they need some help. they're both dressed in their sunday dresses attempting to change a flat tire on their mini-van. a mini angel version of me appears on my left shoulder and tells me to pull over and help them out. a mini devil version of me then pops up on my right shoulder and reminds me that if i pull over and help, i'll prolly be late for the meeting. surely somebody else will give them a hand. i flick the angel off my left shoulder and continue driving...

matthew 25:42
" for i was pulled over with a flat tire and ye gave me no help..."
25:44
"then shall they answer him saying, lord, when saw we thee pulled over with a flat tire... and did not give thee help?"
25:45
"then shall he answer them, saying, verily i say unto you, inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide a name or consistent pseudonym with your comments and avoid insults or personal attacks against anyone or any group. All anonymous comments will be immediately deleted. Other comments are subject to deletion at my discretion.