Friday, July 22, 2005

i was the luckiest boy in the world and i didn't even know it

went to eat at a sandwich place with some friends tonight. ordered combo #2: half a sandwich and a smoothie.

the smoothie was a goin guava.

the sandwich was made with 12-grain bread, avocadoes, sprouts, tomatoes, onions, mayo, lettuce, and a potato bug. thats right. a potato bug. armadillidium vulgare. also known as a roly-poly, pill bug, woodlouse, armadillo bug, or doodlebug.

it was my childhood all over again. it was my always my apple with a worm in it. i was the unluckiest boy in the whole world.

after showing everyone the extra ingredient, i returned my sandwich along with it's accompanying friend - still crawling along the sprouts - and asked for a new sandwich.


it's funny how what can seem to be the worst of luck can turn itself around.


while waiting for my sandwich, the apologetic cashier came and offered me a free cookie. i could choose whatever i wanted. chocolate chip, peanut butter, macadamia nut, sugar, or some others. i chose the chocolate chip. it was quite delicious.

overall, the food was all pretty good (minus the bug). my next sandwich came roly-poly free and was quite tasty. the smoothie was nice and smooth... like me ;) . a friend also shared a few bites of cheese cake with me that happened to be very scrumpshdidlyumptious.

we finished the night with a joyride through orem and a fun play at the scera theatre.


a little bug. a free cookie. cheesecake. a fun night. i'm the luckiest boy in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide a name or consistent pseudonym with your comments and avoid insults or personal attacks against anyone or any group. All anonymous comments will be immediately deleted. Other comments are subject to deletion at my discretion.