Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Proposal

Angela recently posted a note on Facebook describing how I proposed to her. This is what she said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been 2 months since Loyd proposed. On November 26th at about 10pm he knelt (on both knees) and asked me to marry him. But the proposal started the moment i saw him at the los angeles airport on November 24th. I came down the escalator wearing my "I love Loydo" shirt, and he smiled up at me holding a single red rose. With the rose was a note card with a picture of him printed on it. Written on the card was the line " An angela(a) twinkles in the evening sky." I thought... how sweet. but when i got in the car there was another card sticking out of the glove compartment with a picture of us and the second line "Shining among many, but unique in my gaze." Now I thought " how fun! its a game!" over the next two days little notecards printed with pictures of us and another line to the poem would spontaneously appear in random locations. it was great fun. i was having so much fun finding these cards and reading the poem over and over. Then the night before Thanksgiving, after my disappointing loss at our favorite game Settlers, Loyd knelt down (on both knees) and told me how much he loved me, read me his poem all the way through then put his mothers ring on my finger and asked me to marry him. I said "maybe" :) the next night i gave him a resounding YES! here is my poem Loyd wrote for me:


An angel(a) twinkles in the evening sky.
Shining among many, but unique in my gaze.
A constant fixture in the celestial deep
Providing direction and purpose,
Though separated by distances wide.
How long have i desired to reach out and hold her,
To catch this monarch in my silk-woven net.
To be with her. To be with you.
I n my dreams, in sleep and wake, I jump
And reach for the heavens
Taking this star by the hand, pulling her to me.
Wingless and haloed in beauty,
She leaves me speechless and awed.
Can I, just for a moment, or a lifetime
Be blessed with her condescension
To hold her, to feel her touch, her kiss,
Her kindness, her love.
Can I share in the light she gives.
Can this dream be lived, to open my eyes
And witness the angelic before me.
Would she take my hand and lead me,
To guide and help me.
So that together we can shine in the heavens,
A constellation of two.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not sure why she has to rub it in that I was on both knees. I was a bit nervous as it was my first time proposing to anybody.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet poem/proposal. Well done Loyd. My favorite part of that post was your disclaimer that it was your first time proposing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please provide a name or consistent pseudonym with your comments and avoid insults or personal attacks against anyone or any group. All anonymous comments will be immediately deleted. Other comments are subject to deletion at my discretion.