Sunday, May 23, 2004

new calling

jeez... i'm just all full of posts right now.

got a new calling today... war executive secretary.. again...

it's funny how the lord will give you the calling that you least want. just minutes before i got my calling, i mentioned to a friend that i absolutely did not want that calling. (the same thing happened with my mission call to hawaii). when they told me which calling they wanted me to serve, i didn't know what to say. i almost said no, but i knew i would hate myself if i did. i told the high counselor that i needed some time to pray about it. to get my heart and mind in the right setting. i didn't want to accept (and especially sustained) unless i was fully into it. i prayed most of sacrament meeting and met with the bish to discuss what he would require. i feel good about it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide a name or consistent pseudonym with your comments and avoid insults or personal attacks against anyone or any group. All anonymous comments will be immediately deleted. Other comments are subject to deletion at my discretion.